FPW: Fórum de Pro Wrestling
Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH Novo

O FPW, Fórum de Pro Wrestling, é uma comunidade com mais de oito anos constituída por centenas de users cujo o assunto que os liga é o wrestling! Temos os últimos shows, PPV's, passatempos, debates, votações, e ainda uma vasta zona multimédia. Para teres acesso a tudo isto, só necessitas de te registar! Junta-te a nós.
Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH Arrow_54_512
FPW: Fórum de Pro Wrestling
Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH Novo

O FPW, Fórum de Pro Wrestling, é uma comunidade com mais de oito anos constituída por centenas de users cujo o assunto que os liga é o wrestling! Temos os últimos shows, PPV's, passatempos, debates, votações, e ainda uma vasta zona multimédia. Para teres acesso a tudo isto, só necessitas de te registar! Junta-te a nós.
Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH Arrow_54_512

Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH

4 participantes

Ir para baixo

Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH Empty Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH

Mensagem por rDmT93 Dom Mar 07 2010, 10:57

Desmond Wolfe em uma entrevista a AOL Television, que o estilo de luta da TNA é mais leve do que a da ROH sobretudo quando você é um ROH World Champ, a entrevista foi o seguinte:

”O estilo da TNA gera menos lesões do que na ROH, especialmente para quem é o campeão. Se você ver qualquer dos homens que já foram Roh World Champ no passado, tanto Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries, ou quem seja, sempre levava um demasiado castigo físico, Bryan Danielson teve que ficar um pouco tempo sem lutar, sei que Samoa Joe também teve que repousar, é realmente uma questão de honra, muito poucas pessoas negam ganhar o titulo, mas definitivamente o seu corpo é cobrado”

Fonte: PLL
rDmT93
rDmT93
FPW Hall Of Famer
FPW Hall Of Famer

Masculino Número de Mensagens : 21165
Emprego/lazer : Greve

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH Empty Re: Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH

Mensagem por Michael Uchebo Dom Mar 07 2010, 16:05

"muito poucas pessoas negam ganhar o titulo"

ai estas traduções lol

Q - Share You had a stellar career in Ring of Honor and held the ROH World Championship for 545 days there. How has the transition been moving from Ring of Honor to TNA, now that you've been with the company for a few months now?

A - It wasn't too crazy difficult, but it was definitely a transition. The style in TNA is not so injurious as Ring of Honor, especially for someone who was the champion. If you look at any of the guys who were champion in the past there, whether it was Samoa Joe or Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries, whoever it happened to be. It really took a toll on their bodies physically. At the end of it, Dragon [Bryan Danielson] had to take some off, I know Joe needed a break from the schedule as well. It's almost like a badge of honor, very few people get to hold the belt, and it's certainly -- I don't know if it knocks years off your wrestling career, but it definitely puts a toll on your body.

Coming into TNA, it was a whole different situation. Not to say that it's easier, but it's just different you know. You get up there on TV and you're very structured in terms of how much time you have. You don't have a whole lot of leeway to go one way or the other, whereas in Ring of Honor, certainly being the last match every night you could try out some different things, and adapt to the crowd's reaction more than you can do on TV or pay-per-view.

Q - I read this interview with Austin Aries where I sensed some frustration with the whole idea of, you know, you establish your career, you've been busting your butt in Ring of Honor, and then you go to these bigger promotions and almost kind of start from scratch because there are so many people who haven't seen you before. Do you ever get frustrated with starting fresh, adjusting to the people that didn't know you in ROH?

A - "I felt in Ring of Honor that the crowd, the fans have seen so much of me, and seen so many title defenses and so many of my matches, that they almost became blasé to it." To be perfectly honest with you, I haven't really felt a sense of frustration, but I can understand what he's saying certainly. And I guess to a certain extent, as he says when you're the champion you've really built up a reputation, you've taken your bumps and your bruises, and you've sacrificed to really establish your name and establish your brand. And when you get to a new place, and you don't have that same sort of credibility, to a certain extent it's frustrating because I guess you feel almost although you've wasted those big bumps and those big bruises to establish it.

But at the same time, I felt in Ring of Honor that the crowd, the fans have seen so much of me, and seen so many title defenses and so many of my matches, that they almost became blasé to it. They'd almost seen all my stuff, seen variations in all of my stuff, and variations of variations of all of my stuff, and I felt going out there, that like you didn't have to trick them, you'd have to trick them into thinking you were tricking them. And before you knew it, you couldn't just go out there and wrestle a regular match, you started second-guessing yourself.

So from that aspect, I love that now I can go to TNA and a lot of the fans haven't seen too much of my stuff, haven't seen that much of my style, so it's all new to me. I don't have to prostitute a lot of my moves, and, you know, I've developed a move set, and that's arguably one of the best things about Ring of Honor, is that you really have to genuinely establish a move set that's different to everywhere else, and different to everyone else as well. You can't just go out there and go, 'This is my finisher and I do arm-drags,' because no one is gonna take that in Ring of Honor, they want to see something different. They want to see a style, they want to see a move set they're not gonna see anywhere else, so to be good you have to establish that move set there. And then when you take that to somewhere else, where an extensive move set isn't quite so important, then that gives you a lot more longevity than a lot of the other wrestlers.

Q - Right. Now you were flying back and forth from England to the U.S. to work with Les Thatcher and other trainers. When you were breaking into wrestling, what was the point where you felt like you "got it" and felt established?

A - It's kind of funny actually. When I started out, I felt a lot more confident in my abilities than I did, sheesh, probably from the first, (laughing) I don't know, up until about three months ago maybe. When I started out, I learned a very basic, old-school wrestling style. You didn't need a lot of different moves, you didn't need need to have a whole lot of stuff planned before you went out there. You basically went by feel, you had some idea of where you were going, you sort of went on the flow and that was the way things worked back in the territory days, before people's concept of what they wanted from a wrestling match sort of evolved. So I felt a lot more comfortable with that style, because when you do that you have the sense that you can go out there and really just relax and work with your personality, and work on getting a reaction from the people.

It's almost like if you're a stand-up comic, you don't have 150 jokes to memorize and go through them one by one, you have three or four and you know your punchline at the end. You know where you're getting to, you can interact with the crowd and you can get that sense of feel with the crowd. Now, what happened of course when the wrestling business evolved, and certainly with Ring of Honor, is that the fans want more out of a wrestling match. And so you can't go out there with just two or three jokes because, you know, (laughing) they want to be laughing every 30 or 40 seconds, so it makes things much more difficult. So to come back to your question of when I really had that sense of confidence, it took me a long time, and arguably even right until my last days in Ring of Honor, I still never really felt confident because every match was a different match.

And I think to a certain extent that the fans in Ring of Honor kind of don't appreciate just how lucky they are to see that type of wrestling, just bell-to-bell that they get in Ring of Honor, because until you've been in there you don't appreciate how difficult it is to do that, you know. And I think a lot of people look at Ring of Honor and go, 'Oh it's just high spots and people running through' and that sort of stuff, but it's really not. You take someone like Bryan Danielson or even guys like CM Punk have gone on to different places and been huge successes. That will tell you that the Ring of Honor style is tremendously difficult, and I'm not sure if you ever really get the sense that you are 100-percent confident. But then when I turned to TNA, not to say that it was any way, shape or form easier, but I just felt a sense of being more comfortable in what I was doing. I can't really explain just why, but I go out there and I won't have so much on my plate so to speak, and I could concentrate more on being my character, and more interacting with the people, and more developing that kind of emotional connection with the fans, which makes them buy tickets, which makes them buy pay-per-views -- which is ultimately the goal of the whole business.
Michael Uchebo
Michael Uchebo
NJPW Superstar

Masculino Número de Mensagens : 2825
Emprego/lazer : desempregado

Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH Empty Re: Desmond Wolfe fala sobre as diferenças de lutar na TNA e na ROH

Mensagem por Adam Puck Dom Mar 07 2010, 16:05

Aquilo é brasileiro, suponho. hum
Adam Puck
Adam Puck
Japanese Legend

Masculino Número de Mensagens : 16172
Emprego/lazer : Cabrão

Mensagem por Cláudio Ter Mar 09 2010, 11:17

Adam Puck escreveu:Aquilo é brasileiro, suponho. hum

Português do Brasil*
Cláudio
Cláudio
TNA Television Champion

Masculino Número de Mensagens : 4172
Emprego/lazer : Engenheiro

Mensagem por Adam Puck Ter Mar 09 2010, 13:29

CRocha escreveu:

Português do Brasil*
Wht's the f'n difference?
Adam Puck
Adam Puck
Japanese Legend

Mensagem por Cláudio Ter Mar 09 2010, 19:26

Adam Puck escreveu:
CRocha escreveu:

Português do Brasil*

Lol ok, então posso confundir a TNA e WWE, é na mesma wrestling.
Cláudio
Cláudio
TNA Television Champion

Masculino Número de Mensagens : 4172
Emprego/lazer : Engenheiro

Mensagem por Adam Puck Qua Mar 10 2010, 14:12

CRocha escreveu:
Adam Puck escreveu:
CRocha escreveu:

Português do Brasil*

Lol ok, então posso confundir a TNA e WWE, é na mesma wrestling.
São as duas empresas de sports entertainment. Mas foda-se, qual é a diferença entre dizer "brasileiro" e "português do Brasil"? Significam a mesma coisa. Mas OK, leva lá o triciclo. dunno
Adam Puck
Adam Puck
Japanese Legend

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo